I was born and raised in New Jersey and my favorite food hands down was pizza. NJ pizza I am sure you’ve heard is just on another level. I moved out of NJ 25 years ago and haven’t had great pizza since. Now I have found a few places tolerable where I can still get a nice slice. The problem with that is pizza is very much NOT keto friendly.
I can’t speak for everyone who is on the keto diet. But for me I was not ready to give up pizza, whether it was NJ pizza or not. So I searched and found a few name brands that make keto approved premade dough. I’m going to be completely honest, some of those are overly expensive. So I figured why not get the ingredients and try to make it myself. Again being completely transparent it came out pretty good for my first time making it. I have to warn you though cold keto pizza the next day does not taste anything like cold next day regular pizza. So eat it while it’s hot!
- Two oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- Preheat your oven to 425°
- In a small bowl, add your cream cheese and mozzarella.
- Microwave on high for 20 seconds at a time until it’s melted.
- Add your remaining ingredients to the melted cheese.
- Mix as well as you can. It does get a tad bit odd here, because mozzarella turns to a big glob when melted. It’s ok, it will work together.
- Grease a pizza pan, spread dough out into a 1/2″ thick circle.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Remove and top with your pepperoni
- Bake an additional 3 to 4 minutes
- Remove and enjoy 😍
Macros: A total of 2 net carbs..